at 10.30 am or at 4.30 pm
Become a mosaicist for a day!
Before or after visiting the UNESCO monuments of Ravenna with its wonderful mosaics, come and discover, together with your child, the art of mosaic.
You will have the opportunity to find out about the world of mosaic by visiting a real artisan workshop: you will be shown the materials used, the special tools used to cut the tiles, the different execution techniques. You will witness the manual cutting of the tiles using traditional tools.
You and your child will be guided throughout all the stages of processing.
At the end of the experience you can bring home a souvenir of Ravenna made with your own hands.
- visiting of the laboratory, a brief history of the mosaic, demonstration of the manual cutting of materials using traditional tools
- choice and realization of the design to be executed, and work execution
- at the end of the experience will be given to you the mosaic, your souvenir from Ravenna
- welcome snack
- the mosaic made during the workshop
- the laboratory will be confirmed after verification of availability by the mosaic artist
- if you require an invoice, you will have to request it BEFORE paying, writing an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Sinistra Canale Molinetto 181, Ravenna
please arrive 5 minutes before the starting time
Indications: the atelier is located about 5 km outside the historical centre of Ravenna and about 3 km from the Mauro De Andrè Palace, it is advisable to reach it by taxi (0544 33888)